Kueh Keria is one of Malay Traditional food. Which tradtionally, they use White Sugar to caramelized the Kueh. But in 2016, innovation has made. They caramelized the Kueh with Palm Sugar or they called it Gula Melaka.
Some of them call it Sweet Potato Doughnut
- Sweet Potato
- Wheat Flour
- Baking Powder
- Palm Sugar
- Boil sweet potatoes for 10-15 minutes until soften.
- Squash potatoes evenly and add a pinch of salt.
- Allow squash potatoes to cool to room temperature.
- Add wheat flour to squash potatoes and mix well.
- Shape dough into donuts.
- Fry doughnuts until they float. Leave aside to cool.
- In a clean wok, heat palm sugar and water at medium heat.
Once the mixture caramelized, switch stove off and mix doughnuts into the syrup.